Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Every Picture Tells a Story

Well I think the cosmic block has moved on for me. If it affected you, I hope its moved on as well or at least that it doesn't hover over your neighborhood. I am full of random thoughts today, trying to reorient myself (I dislike time change to put it mildly.) 
Started this little one here by just putting down charcoal strokes and then cutting in with my kneaded eraser.
 Re-darkened some areas, a bit of white charcoal and felt reinvigorated. Huzzah!
Then on Monday night's drawing class we had a stunning fellow to draw. 
Here are my five minutes,
 then my first two twenty minutes. 
 He had piercing ice blue eyes - I mean just crystal ice blue! He would go into his pose and mold his face into this fierce look and if I had been on a bus with him and he stared in my direction with that look, I would have gotten up and moved. Then he'd relax and smile and light up the room. Chris said to mix it up a bit and break out of my comfort zone, so I did a bit along the same as my dapper man at top.
Ok, fun to share. Back to work and then hopefully some painting tonight.
One more thing that gave me a real chuckle. My brother H (his wife calls him that and it so fits him) texted me, saying he had a dream I was married to Brad Pitt and Brad was mean to him. HA! I read it to my husband whose response was "Well, tell him he'll appreciate me a bit more. I'm not mean to him like Brad." The more I thought about it, the more I realized it would depend on which Brad Pitt, the Brad from Meet Joe Black? Well, alrighty then! The Brad from Kalifornia? No thank you!
And have you seen this? Its hysterical!
Alright, enough of my randomness for one day. Cheers All!
Karen



2 comments:

  1. Your drawings are fabulous!!! I love the first one especially,it looks like a still from a black and white movie !
    Thanks for the laugh Karen. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great expressions in all your drawings , I can picture the blue eyed guy, must have been quite scary...but you drew him very well!
    Brangelina ...LOL !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...