Friday, October 4, 2013

Life Model 1

Hellooo,
This is my result of the first day at a new class over at Calartinst with Mark Schwartz. Life painting with a nice length of four hours and, of course, I loved every minute of it.  Omg holding the same pose that long with just a few stretches. Oooph! I would never want to do that! I never did catch her name, although the others in the class called out hello to her. I do wish I had begun with a few colors rather than (ivory) black and (titanium) white as she had beautiful long, red hair and was wearing some bright turquoise earrings.
Titanium dioxide is used in paints, of course, and paper, plastics and..... wait for it..... toothpaste. Makes me want to run out and buy the natural stuff.
Here's a link to Mark's blog http://markschwartzart.blogspot.com/ Check out his drawings. wow

Oil on canvas 8x10"
Cheers all and God's peace.
Karen

3 comments:

  1. Love the soft effect on her hair and features, I think it looks great in black and white!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome portrait of a beautiful model ! Like Azra, I really appreciate the black/ white .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done Karen! and thank you for the link! lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...