Sunday, December 29, 2013

Sail Away

From the moment I started painting this I was certain I wanted to entitle it "Sail Away" and I admit the lyrics to the song "Come Sail Away" by the band Styx really fit my mood of late, but if you've an ear for it listen to "Orinoco Flow" by Enya instead. Sometimes I feel, that much like my art, musically I'm all over the place. It keeps me interesting instead of stagnant.
Oil on wood panel (I'm not pleased with my application of gesso - I made the panel quite ripply) 8x8"

Anywhoo, I personally cannot wait for this not so great year to pass into memory. I know, don't wish your life away.
Happy (hopefully) New year.
Karen

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully sailing into a much better 2014 than 2013 ! Wish you all the best ! Love the peacefulness of this painting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Karen! Wishing you only the best in 2014.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...