Friday, March 23, 2012

Leaving (New York)

Leaving New York oil on canvas 18x14
Well....Can I say I feel as if I'm improving? As an artist? I think I am. 
The below is how she started many many moons ago and above is how she looks today.
 I changed her....everything.....
My youngest was on a school trip to New York and took a picture of a classmate. She is quite a beautiful girl and I couldn't capture her - not a good enough artist I'm afraid. So I changed her. 
The color of her blue eyes, darkened her hair color, got rid of that silly lip crunch that every teenage girl did a few years back. And of course, skin color. Oil and skin color.... I'll get it all together someday.

Sung to the tune of R.E.M.'s "Leaving New York"
I love that band....always will. Cherish the memory of seeing them in concert.
Well all, cheers and God's peace to you all. Again, I love seeing your work.
KS

3 comments:

  1. Amazing portrait Karen!! The lip improvement is fantastic and the skin tonesare lovely and smooth,I love the background too! I also love R.E.M!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Azra. I see you are going to be hooked on oils soon as well!

      Delete
  2. The mouth really improved, she's a gorgeous girl. Love what you did to the background!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...