Friday, May 10, 2013

A little bit of randomness

Hi all.  Last week or so was hot, wind, fire, followed by rain and cool. It is a little disturbing, especially to have fire storms in May. Usually we have a bout of that in October. Been working on some paintings but I'm still tinkering with them so just some drawings to share. The first three are on Mi-teintes pastel paper, charcoal, pencil and white charcoal. I like the feel of Mi-teintes. Just enough "crispness". 


 And this last one is on that darn Bee paper. It is too soft! No bite to it at all! I know I've complained about it before but it makes it hard to get clean edges. (So why do I continue to use it?) I think I'll call it a day on drawing them and carry their story onto some sort of painting surface. That way I can separate them even more and increase the drama Dean Cornwell-like, smoke and battlefield behind him and whatnot, letters in their hands, get rid of her pointed chin. Ha!
This months issue of Drawing Magazine has set my mind spinning and now all I want to do is draw. But when do I ever not just want to draw?
Cheers all! God's peace!
ks


3 comments:

  1. Artists love challenges so I know why you keep going with the Bee paper! I love all your drawings,especially when there is a hint of a story behind it. Cheers to you Karen and God's Peace to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely drawings Karen! So important to draw a lot and you do a great job at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely work karen! drawing on that paper is so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...